Quality of Life
What to Expect
In early November, the Brain Injury Association of Michigan hosts our Quality of Life Conference. This half-day conference will focus on quality of life issues for survivors of brain injury, their family members, and caregivers. Learn strategies for stress management, movement, relaxation and more!
2018 Quality of Life Conference Schedule
|9:00 AM – 9:45 AM||Registration/Continental Breakfast (Exhibits Open)|
|9:45 AM – 10:00 AM||Welcome|
|10:00 AM – 11:00 AM||Session I: Creating Your Recovery Based on Your Unique Talents:|
|11:00 AM – 11:30 AM||Exhibitor Break|
|11:30 AM – 12:30 PM||Session II: Healthy Eating for a Healthy Brain|
|12:30 PM – 1:00 PM||Lunch|
|1:00 PM – 1:30 PM||Exhibitor Break|
|1:30 PM – 2:30 PM||Session III: Identity Theft, Internet Safety, and Dealing with E-scams:|
|2:30 PM – 3:30 PM||Session IV: Sexuality and Relationships after a Traumatic Brain Injury|
- Creating Your Recovery Based on Your Unique Talents:
Finding your passion and how that can influence and guide one’s recovery.
- Healthy Eating for a Healthy Brain:
Understand and learn practical tips and tools for supporting healthy eating on a budget to promote optimal recovery from a brain injury. Expect discussions such as what to eat to support brain health, tips and techniques for cooking healthy on a budget, and how to create and maintain healthy eating habits.
- Identity Theft, Internet Safety, and Dealing with E-scams:
Learn the telltale signs of scams prevalent in phone calls, mail, email, and texts, along with steps to take to minimize your risk of being victimized.
- Sexuality and Relationships after a Traumatic Brain Injury:
Learn about promoting healthy sexual expression and relationships post brain injury.
We are now accepting applications for speakers for our 2018 Quality of Life Conference. Go to our Speaker Applications page to download and complete the forms.
Who Should Attend
The conference is designed for Survivors, Family Members, and Caregivers. Professionals are welcome to attend. The subject matter of this conference will be applied for 4 CBIS credits.
- Brain Injury Survivor & Family Rate: $20 per person.
- Aide/Staff Rate: $10 per person (please call 810-229-5880 to register an aid)
- Professional Rate: $40 per person.
Crown Plaza Lansing West
925 S Creyts Rd Lansing, MI 48917 (517) 323-7100
Reservations can be made at the Crowne Plaza Lansing West by calling 877-322-5544 or online.
What Past Attendees Said About The Quality of Life Conference
- "This was a great Conference and learning experience with amazing Experts, Professionals and Caregivers!"
- "What a wonderful conference. I wished that many of my peers would have been there. As a Case Manager it really helped to remind us of why we serve this special and amazing population!"
- "There were so many wonderful tools shared. Among them, simply just breathing and being present are always powerful reminders for all of us."
- "My first exposure to any type of organization for survivors of brain injury. Very impressed!! I imagine it is difficult to organize something like this that would satisfy all attendees, as there is such a variety of people in attendance. Well done!"