On behalf of the Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA), we are encouraging all BIAMI members to contact your member of Congress and urge them to sign onto the Dear Colleague Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Appropriation request letters.
Please ask your representative to sign each letter. The deadline to sign is March 14.
What can you do?
- Call your member of Congress. Contact the United States Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121
- Connect with your representative on Twitter or Facebook and ask for support for TBI Appropriations. Here's a sample tweet you can use:
- Please support #TBI appropriations by signing our Dear Colleague @BillPascrell @TomRooney
- Email your member of Congress. Visit www.house.gov and enter your ZIP code to find your representative.
- When you send your email, make sure to attach the TBI Programs Appropriations letter and the TBI DOD Appropriations letter
The BIAA has created a sample letter for you to use when you email your member of Congress. Click here to download the letter. To see if your representative supported appropriations last year, click here.