2018 - 2022 Strategic Plan
To improve the lives of those affected by brain injury in Michigan and to reduce the
incidence and impact of brain injury through advocacy, awareness, education, prevention, research, and support.
(Aspirational – External): Everyone affected by brain injury will have immediate and equal access to services and support to help lead full and meaningful lives.
Five-Year Vision (Organizational – Internal): BIAMI will become the trusted, primary resource in Michigan for providing the latest information on brain injury as well as a critical link to support and rehabilitative services for all people affected by brain injuries.
|Goal #1:||Grow and Strengthen Programs and Services Available to Survivors and Families/Caregivers|
|Goal #2:||Expand and Improve Training and Educational Programming|
|Goal #3:||Provide Leadership in Advocacy Related to Brain Injury|
|Goal #4:||Expand Public Awareness and Identity of BIAMI Throughout Michigan|
|Goal #5:||Establish & Continuously Improve Staff Recruitment, Retention, & Recognition Plan|
|Goal #6:||Strengthen Long-term Financial Sustainability|
Strategic Goals and Objectives
Goal #1: Grow and Strengthen Programs and Services Available to Survivors and Families/Caregivers
- 1.1 Grow current individual survivor membership.
- 1.2 Increase satisfaction among chapter and support group attendees and leaders.
- 1.3 Increase numbers of community engagement and social activities.
- 1.4 Improve the quality of support and education.
- 1.5 Expand Veterans Transportation Assistance Program (VTAP).
Goal #2: Expand and Improve Training and Educational Programming
- 2.1 Create and execute growth/success strategies for all Continuing Education Series events (Fall Conference: 9/18, Quality of Life Conference: 11/18, Legal Conference: 6/18).
- 2.2 Deploy/expand Disability Awareness Training by 3/31/18.
- 2.3 Develop and launch at least one and, at most, three new program(s) from the following: 1) Medical Council, 2) DSO Music Therapy/Unmasking Brain Injury, 3) Nursing Home TBI Awareness Training by 12/31/18, 4) Legal/Youth Advocacy Training by 12/31/18.
- 2.4 Collaborate with partners to produce “canned programs” that can be brought to a variety of locations throughout the state, and presented by qualified CBISs (Certified Brain Injury Specialists.) Examples include: Brain Injury 101, Sports Concussion Protocol, Migraines, The Aging Brain, Keeping Your Home Safe, etc.) by 12/31/18.
Goal #3: Provide Leadership in Advocacy Related to Brain Injury
- 3.1 Seek legislative approval for responsible no-fault reform legislation by 12/31/18.
- 3.2 (Re)introduce MI Brain Injury Law legislation by 3/31/18.
- 3.3 Enable access on behalf of survivors/providers into current MOU program by 2/1/18.
- 3.4 Advocate for implementation of Brain Injury Medicaid Waiver by 3/1/18.
- 3.5 Benchmark other states’ insurance reimbursement programs (by 3/1/18) and seek to introduce legislation that models best practices for Michigan (beginning in Q3).
Goal #4: Expand Public Awareness and Identity of BIAMI Throughout Michigan
- 4.1 Create (by 1/15/18) and execute (by 2/1/18) integrated marketing plan to create and sustain greater awareness and BIAMI identity, featuring:
- 4.1(a) A communication plan to reach out to youth – toddler age through high school – and their parents with brain injury awareness messages, starting with concussion prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and reassurance.
- 4.1(b) A robust, regional Brain Injury Awareness Month campaign (March).
- 4.2 Create interest and affinity among potential corporate and individual donors by 7/1/18.
Goal #5: Establish & Continuously Improve Staff Recruitment, Retention & Recognition Plan
- 5.1 Implement ongoing internship program and develop relationships with appropriate “feeder” colleges and universities by 6/1/18.
- 5.2 Establish comprehensive onboarding program for all new staff members by 3/1/18.
- 5.3 Review/optimize benefit plans by 3/1/18.
- 5.4 Create annual staff outing/retreat (October).
- 5.5 Institute staff member recognition program to celebrate outstanding achievement by 3/1/18.
Goal #6: Strengthen Long-term Financial Sustainability
- 6.1 Establish quarterly budget monitoring system.
- 6.2 Increase Overall 2018 Revenue by 10% Over 2017.
- 6.3 Increase Fundraising Event Revenues by 10% over 2017.
- 6.4 Increase Corporate/Hospital and Individual Membership by 10% over 2017.
- 6.5 Develop and execute Donor Development Campaign by Q3 (7/1/18).
- 6.6 Create and solicit (by 7/15/18) multi-year corporate partnership opportunities around new/existing programs.
- 6.7 Formalize the structure of endowment program in 2018 and launch by 2019.